Pocket Network Community Guidelines
Effective as of: 12/01/2022
Last Edited: 04/10/2023
Pocket Network communities are created for our members to connect, build relationships, and to engage in various topics of our ecosystem. Most importantly, it is to help create an environment where one will find belonging, while respectful of each other.
These guidelines explain what is and isn’t allowed within our community, where the rules must be followed by everyone. When an individual violates these guidelines, enforcement steps will be issued that including: warnings, removing content, muting or banning of the account. If applicable, reporting of the individual to law enforcement will also be considered. If you come across anyone who violates these guidelines, please report immediately to one of our moderators.
- Do not harass others or organize, promote, or participate in harassment. Disagreements happen and are normal, constructive feedbacks rather positive or negative is welcomed, but making continuous, repetitive, or severe negative comments or circumventing a mute or ban can cross the line into harassment and is not okay.
- Do not make personal attacks at any one individual or organization. This includes arguments or reactions directed against a person or organization rather than the position they are maintaining. Debate the idea, not the person or organization. Personal attacks also consist of making damaging remarks relating to one’s lifestyle or choices such as questioning a person’s intelligence, values, integrity, motivations or decisions.
- Trolling, defined as non-productive comments intended solely to antagonize, attack, or otherwise create a hostile environment within the community channels is a bannable offense at the discretion of the moderation team.
Please keep discussions relevant, constructive and productive to the channel/forum topic at hand. Any off-topic discussions will be warned and/or removed.
- For off-topic discussion: Please move discussion to its correct channel, group or thread.
No unapproved promotional materials. Promotional materials are only allowed if approved by the moderating team. Any unapproved promotion will be deleted with warning or ban for repeating offenders.
- Discord ecosystem channels: The channel moderators will be allowed to post promotional materials as they deemed fitting in relating to their products and services.
- No token price discussions on any official platform. Any price discussions should be taken to unofficial channels.
- Do not organize, promote, or participate in hate speech or hateful conduct. It’s unacceptable to attack a person or a community based on attributes such as their race, ethnicity, caste, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender presentation, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, age, serious illness, disabilities, or other protected classifications. These actions will never be tolerated within our community and will earn you a permanent ban across the board.
- Do not make threats of violence or threaten to harm others. This includes indirect or suggestive threats, as well as sharing or threatening to share someone’s personally identifiable information (also known as doxxing).
- Do not use our channels for the organization, promotion, or support of violent extremism. This also includes glorifying violent events, the perpetrators of violent acts, or similar behaviors.
Do not sexualize children in any way. You cannot share content or links which depict children in a pornographic, sexually suggestive, or violent manner, including illustrated or digitally altered pornography that depicts children (such as lolicon, shotacon, or cub) and conduct grooming behaviors. We will report illegal content and grooming to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
- We strongly discourage and may take action against vigilante behavior, as it can interfere with our investigation and ability to report to law enforcement.
- Do not share any adult content. Adult contents or other restricted content such as violence, cannot be shared on any channels or servers. This also includes their usage in avatars, emoji, and stickers.
- Do not share sexually explicit content, or promote the sharing of intimate materials (images, video, or audio).
Do not share content that glorifies or promotes suicide or self-harm, including any encouragement to others to cut themselves or embrace eating disorders such as anorexia or bulimia.
- Self-harm threats used as a form of emotional manipulation or coercion are also prohibited.
- Do not share real media depicting gore, excessive violence, or animal harm, especially with the intention to harass or shock others.
- Do not share content that violates anyone’s intellectual property or other rights.
- Do not share false or misleading information (otherwise known as misinformation). Content without evidence that is false or misleading may not be shared. We may also remove content if we reasonably believe its spread could result in damage to physical infrastructure, injury of others, obstruction of participation in civic processes, or the endangerment of public health.
- Do not coordinate or participate in malicious impersonation of an individual or an organization. Satire and parody are okay.
- Do not engage in activities intended to cause damage or gain unauthorized access to another user’s account, network, or system. This includes impersonating Pocket Network personnel, distributing malware, authentication token theft, phishing, DDOS, and other hacking or social engineering techniques.
- Do not distribute or provide access to content involving the hacking, cracking, or distribution of stolen goods, pirated content, or accounts.
Again, if you see any activity that violates these guidelines, please report it to our moderators within the affected channel.
These guidelines will continue to evolve over time. This means we may take action against a member that violates the spirit of these guidelines when we encounter a new threat or harm that is not explicitly covered in the current version.
We will always make our best effort to notify you when we update these guidelines, but it is up to you to follow the spirit of them: keep our communities safe and a place for everyone to belong. Thanks for doing your part.