PEP-43: Independent Pocket Network Reddit Marketing Budget

Hi @JackALaing , it’s been 40 days since I opened this proposal. May I ask you please to put it up officially on a vote?

1 Like

Hey everyone,

First of all, sorry for pinging most of you. But I’m unfortunately not sure who is the right person to ping to move this proposal from a dead point. All the help is appreciated.
I’m not sure why this proposal has not been put on a vote yet. It’s been 45 days since I opened this proposal, and 5 days since I pinged @JackALaing both here and through private messages. Many community members already expressed their opinion about this proposal, some people openly support it, some aren’t, but I personally emphasized a need for this proposal because I believe that the current Reddit Marketing person isn’t doing a job in this area in its full potential let’s phrase it this way. Honestly, I’m not sure who exactly is responsible for Reddit Marketing, but I’m not seeing any mentions of Pocket Network in any way on any of the major cryptocurrency related subreddits.

I would like to get a feedback what is preventing this proposal from going into a voting process, and also if there is something I should change for the proposal to go successfully go live into a voting process.

As communicated in the first post in this thread, this proposal is limited to 3 month period and the asking amount is a POKT equivalent of $2,150 USD per month. I would be reporting the activities and outcome transparently here. Also, I’m open for all the suggestions and critics during the entire cycle in order to fulfill the community wishes about the way of presenting Pocket Network in the best possible light to the wider community that isn’t aware of the Pocket Network yet.

cc: @o_rourke @poktblade @ArtSabintsev @jdaugherty @adam @PoktNews @Ming @JackALaing

Thanks!

Apologies for the delay in responding to your DM, it’s not often I get private messages through the forum.

This proposal is now up for voting Snapshot

2 Likes

This proposal passed with 11 approvals and 4 rejections.

https://gov.pokt.network/#/proposal/0xa7843221a8a9a9a41215869590aee42b678eac247b5bcc5e94a534b714d31ea5

1 Like

Big thanks to everyone who voted in favor of this proposal! I’ll make sure to do my absolute best in Pocket promotion on Reddit.

There is already an ongoing Reddit promotion on subreddit with 1.2 million subscribers. Post is still standing at #2 spot, but it gained some nice amount of views.

5 Likes

Hi everyone!

Behind all of us in the crypto space is a very interesting month, mostly because of the FTX drama, but there were many interesting events around Pocket Network as well. Even though most of the media space was fulfilled with SBF and FTX, consequently leaving much less available space for the others, POKT found its time and space to shine. As I’ve promised, I’m writing a monthly report here to the entire community. A report contains every Reddit post that achieved significant result since the moment of proposal approval.

Here are the posts:

32.6k views in total:

Next one:

Standing #1 for 7 hours:

Post achieved 13.6k views:

Next one:

Standing #1 still after 11 hours:

Post achieved 4.4k views:

Next one:

Post achieved 9.9k views after 2 hours only:

Next one:

Post was ranked #1 in less than 1 hour:

Post achieved 43.8k views:

Next one:

Standing #1 still after 12 hours:

Post achieved 3k views:

Nest one:

Ranked #1 after 28 minutes only:

…and still #1 after 12 hours:

Post achieved 29.2k views:

Next one:

Standing at #1 spot for more than 17 hours:

Post achieved 13.3k views:

Next one:

Standing at #1 spot for more than 10 hours:

Post achieved 17.7k views:

For any questions, suggestions, comments, criticism or help, I’m available here, through DM, or on Discord. Feel free to ping me. Thank you very much!

6 Likes

Great update.

Do you think these posts could be even more successful with additional support from the community? If so, what else would be beneficial, and how to deliver it? And as I’m not an active Reddit user, are there any common misconceptions about Pocket that the core marketing team should address? Anything else insights-wise that it would be helpful to know?

Lastly, ad purely for my interest, how would you describe your general strategy for raising awareness for Pocket on Reddit? Is it more reactive to news and the hot debates of the day - eg IP tracking - or something else?

1 Like

Hi Dermot!

First of all, sorry for the slower response. I was busy with the other stuff and a couple marketing opportunities that luckily arose past few days.
Of course, these posts could be even more successful with the additional support from the community. However, have in mind that the community is already supporting these posts, which has been achieved thanks to @Jinx and his awesome initiative! We will be slowly expanding POKT supporters base over time :slight_smile:

As I’ve already said, I’m entirely open for any closer cooperation with Pocket core team directly, but it is not strictly necessary. Most of the time I’m ready to start any promotional activity within few hours once big news get released by the Pocket core marketing team or anyone else publish any major news worth distributing across Reddit as much as possible.

Regarding the last question, general strategy is to be persistent in sharing major Pocket Network achievements, new partnerships, new deals, development achievements mainly in a non-agressive, non-shilling way, but close to neutral tone. This way readers of various crypto-related subreddits will be continuously exposed to a significant Pocket news, creating themselves a picture what is Pocket Network and what it tries to solve. Especially when some very influential pro-POKT tweet comes out, when there’s an obvious need for Pocket Network like during the recent Metamask/Infura IP tracking story, and so on. Promotions are more reactive to news at this moment, but it’s not law it will stay like that. I’m collecting the community feedback and willing to improve this initiative in a way community feels it’s the right way to go. So far feedback that I’ve received is quite positive and supportive to keep the current form going and to stay the current course.

3 Likes

Hi everyone!

Here is the another monthly report of all the significant Reddit posts and activities that happened since last report. I would like to thank everyone from The Poktopus Army that helped supporting these activities, either with a direct engagement or by sharing advices/suggestions/ideas for all the previous and the upcoming activities. I usually cover the most important news from POKT for the entire crypto community outside of POKT community, so this can be used as a nice recap of important mentions of POKT by crypto influencers, articles published about POKT or discussing what’s trendy at certain point of time.

Here are the posts:

Ranked at #1 spot already within 1 hour:

Post achieved 28.4k views:

Next one:

Post achieved 16.5k views:

Next one:

Ranked at #1 spot already after 28 minutes only:

Post achieved 32.3k views:

Next one:

Ranked at #1 spot within 1 hour:

Next one:

Ranked at #1 spot after 53 minutes:

Post achieved 29.2k views:

Next one:

Ranked at #1 still after 4 hours:

Post achieved 3.9k views:

Next one:

Ranked at #1 still after 4 hours:

Post achieved 8.1k views:

Next one:

Ranked #1 after 2 hours:

Post achieved 5.1k views:

Next one:

Ranked #1 still after 7 hours:

Post achieved 6.6k views:

Next one:

Ranked #1 still after 14 hours:

Post achieved 685 views:

Next one:

Ranked #1 in less than 1 hour:

Post achieved 1.7k views:

Post even ensured a mobile notification for all the 36k subscribers of that subreddit:

Next one:

Post achieved 29.4k views:

Next one:

Post achieved 7.7k views:

For any questions, suggestions, comments, criticism or help, I’m available here, through DM, or on Discord. Feel free to ping me. Thank you very much!

4 Likes

Hi everyone!

3-month period of PEP-43 proposal has came to an end. Having said that, here is the 3rd and final monthly report about the work done in order to successfully conclude this proposal. The new PEP-50 proposal is currently going through a DAO vote so Pocket community will decide about the future of this proposal. So far I’m happy to briefly inform you that the last month was also the most successful month since this proposal started. Last month posts achieved the highest amount of views (350k+ post views in total), ended up with the record high engagement rate (200+ comments) and highest amount of posts pushed on major cryptocurrency related subreddits (20+ posts on various subreddits).

Here are the all the significant posts published since the last report:

Post achieved 12.7k views:

Also, mobile notification for this post was pushed to 680k+ subscribers:

Next one:

Post was standing at #1 spot still after 9 hours:

Post achieved 63.3k views:

Next one:

Ranked at #1 spot still after 6 hours:

Post achieved 1.3k views:
1.3k views in total

Next one:

Ranked at #1 still after 7 hours:

Post achieved 38.5k views:

Next one:

Post achieved 32.3k views:

Next one:

Post achieved 2.1k views:

Next one:

Ranked at #1 spot after 24 minutes only:

Post achieved 5.1k views:

Next one:

Ranked at #1 spot already in less than 1 hour:

Post achieved 8k views:

Next one:

Ranked at #1 spot still after 8 hours:

Post achieved 59.9k views:

Next one:

Ranked at #1 spot after 5 minutes only:

Post achieved 1.9k views:

Next one:

Ranked at #1 spot already after 1 hour:

Post achieved 335 views:

Next one:

Ranked at #1 still after 14 hours:

Post achieved 34.7k views:

Next one:

Random post on largest cryptocurrency subreddit:

POKT comment was ranked #1 for very high visibility:

There was even a mobile notification to 5+ million subscribers:

Next one:

Ranked at #1 spot already after 9 minutes only:

Post achieved 1.9k views:

There was a mobile notification to all subscribers:

Next one:

Ranked at #1 spot still after 6 hours:

Post achieved 1.6k views:

Next one:

Ranked at #1 spot already after 32 minutes only:

Post achieved 25.4k views:

Next one:

Ranked at #1 spot still after 13 hours:

Post achieved 4.4k views:

Next one:

Post achieved 1k views:

Next one:

Ranked at #1 spot still after 8 hours:

Post achieved 55.7k views:

For any questions, suggestions, comments, criticism or help, I’m available here, through DM, or on Discord. Feel free to ping me anytime. I hope you’re happy with the work provided and I hope this is not the last report ever I’m making for Reddit promotions. Thank you very much!

4 Likes