Author(s): Luis F Monge, Iván de Paz
Recipient(s): Luis F Monge, Iván de Paz
Related Installments: None
Asking Amount: 30k POKTs. We will be submitting incremental PEPs for the next milestones.
We would like to propose PoktBot for a funding proposal. PoktBot is a Telegram bot that allows node runners to have a simple tool to monitor their nodes and to ease tracking and managing their node rewards.
PoktBot aims to be an easy and intuitive tool for node runners to track the rewards and status of their nodes and maximize their efficiency through constant monitoring for errors and malfunctions.
To this end, a Telegram bot has been developed from scratch, which from its initial stages will have the necessary capabilities to monitor and manage nodes. Taking advantage of Telegram interaction and notification features, every node runner and investor can have instant notifications of node issues, interactive rewards plots and management in their phones at no cost, which could potentially lead to minimize losses and increase investment benefits.
Iván and Luis, started with node management at the end of 2021, quickly realizing that they needed an agile management tool that would allow them to monitor their nodes while keeping investors, who had invested in their nodes, informed.
After the initial development of a private tool, they realized that this need was common to all node runners and decided to make a tool that would ease the work of the node runners and keep investors informed, while facilitating the accounting management of the nodes.
To develop a free and open source tool that allows investors and node runners to have useful node & rewards information in real time and, at the same time, maximize their rewards by helping to react quickly to errors through constant tracking and notifications, which can be displayed in their phones.
Objective Key Results
- Easy bot installation and maintenance with Docker.
- Constant errors and transaction monitoring.
- Notification to node runners of errors relevant to node operation.
- Bot users management.
- Server management on which the node is hosted. In release 3.
Release 1 (currently)
- Monitoring validator nodes
- Node errors monitoring and notification.
- Staking monitoring and notification.
- Node errors monitoring and notification.
- Provides useful stats about node rewards and performance.
- Daily rewards.
- Monthly rewards.
- Graph of rewards evolution.
- Multi-node and multi-user approach
- Average of stats with all configured nodes.
- Robust RBAC system with two user levels:
- Investor, only allowed viewing statistics of validators.
- Admin, same than Investor but also able to add/remove admins, investors and nodes.
- Creation of economic reports (csv and xlsx) to follow node economics or tax filing.
- Fully configurable behavior. Every aspect of the bot is configurable with a configuration file, and some options through the bot interface itself.
Release 2 (2Q)
- Free public bot for node runners who do not want to install their own bot.
- Deploy our own nodes for local queries.
- Change in the data structure to allow users to add the wallets they want to monitor and link it to their Telegram ID.
Release 3 (3Q)
- Code restructuring to allow interaction with Node Pilot.
- Design of multi-bot scheme to allow a bot running on each server and perform a unified management from a unified console in Telegram.
- Interaction with the server (only system administrator):
- Server status monitoring (Disk, CPU, Ram).
- Monitoring of access to the server, ssh and access to Node Pilot.
- Possibility of safe shutdown or restart of Node Pilot.
- Wallet management
- Configuration of cold wallets for automated reward delivery via configuration file.
- Notifications to system administrator
- Low disk space
- System access (with whitelist of allowed IPs)
- Possibility of blocking connected IPs in the firewall.
- Node or chain crashes
In the past 3 months, between Iván and Luis, 180+ hours have been put into this project. This reimbursement would cover time and resources invested into:
1st release: 30k Development and testing
2nd release: 10k development and testing + 1k Pokts/month for hosting and maintenance (1st year). Total 25k
3rd release: 20k development and testing
We are open to dissenting opinions. We created this because we needed to, so we’ll improve it as needed anyway. If the community finds the PoktBot useful, we would like to keep improving it and sharing all the code to help in node management.
Phase I now available
Phase II in Jun/Jul 2022
Phase III in October/November 2022