Testnet Network Upgrade Rehearsal for RC-0.6.0
Hello everyone, we are proud to announce that RC-0.6.0 development has been completed and it’s now available for upgrade here.
RC-0.6.0 marks the first Pocket Network protocol upgrade, which means it’s a consensus rule change, and as such it requires 66% of the staking power of the network to perform the upgrade successfully, or the network risks a chain halt (no new blocks being produced).
For this reason we want to ensure the smoothest upgrade experience possible for all Node Runners in the network, which is why we’re going to conduct our first ever Testnet Network Upgrade Rehearsal. We want to encourage all Node Runners to participate in this rehearsal upgrade, by following these instructions:
What you need to know:
- The Testnet upgrade will happen automatically on Monday April 5th 2021 at 12:00 PM EDT.
- You need to know how to run a Validator Node in Pocket Network. If you would like to learn how to run a Pocket Node get started with our Quick Start Guide for RC-0.6.0 by clicking here.
- Don’t use your mainnet setups for this test! This test will be conducted in the Testnet Network.
You need to sync your validator from scratch, mainnet backups won’t work.
- Pocket Core RC-0.6.0 is available in our Github repository, Docker images and Homebrew, just like any other release we’ve done in the past.
- We need everyone to be running Pocket Core RC-0.6.0 before the rehearsal date, the update will be done automatically via Governance Transaction. This means you will need to be running Pocket Core RC-0.6.0 before Monday April 6th 2021 at 12:00 PM EDT.
- You still have to service Relays! Connect any Ethereum Rinkeby Node and participate in the rehearsal.
- Your validator must stay unjailed during the duration of the test so it can participate in the upgrade.
- Remember to stake above the minimum stake (15,000 POKT), to account for potential jailing slashes.
How to participate:
Run your node in Testnet by following these steps:
- Connecting to Testnet Seeds (either by adding them to your
config.jsonor using the
- Running your node with the
- Getting funds from our Testnet Faucet by clicking here.
- Stake your Validator in Testnet, learn how to do so here. Remember that you want to stake your validator to support the Ethereum Rinkeby Relay Chain, which in Testnet has the 0022 Relay Chain ID, to see the full Testnet list click here.
- To check that your validator is staked use the following command:
pocket query node <address>using your node address.
- Ensure your node is working fine by following this guide.
Thank you for participating in this Testnet Network Upgrade Rehearsal. With your help, we’ll be able to upgrade Mainnet with a high degree of confidence and continue improving the Pocket Network with you!