- Author(s): @ethen chatGPT
- Recipient: Furb
- Category: Reimbursement/ Ecosystem Upgrade
- Implementer: Furb with Ethen and PNF Oversight
- Asking Amount: 25,000 $Pokt
Dear Members of the DAO,
I am writing to propose an overhaul to the Pocket Network communication platform, Discord. The purpose of this proposal is to improve the user experience, cater to new use cases, stay competitive, and support growth and scalability.
The overhaul will focus on improving the overall user experience by redesigning the categories and channels and adding new features. We will improve the user authentication processes to ensure that communications are protected. The overhaul will cater to new use cases by adding new features or functionalities that are tailored to specific needs. To stay ahead of the competition, we will improve the performance and enhance the user experience.
In summary, the overhaul aims to improve Pocket Network Discord’s user experience, security, versatility, competitiveness, and scalability.
Furb, a longtime member of the Pocket Network community, may not be highly visible in Pokt channels, but he is actively involved as a moderator and Discord admin in other communities such as Alchemist and Thunderhead. He has an impressive record of setting up over ten different Discords.
Discord communities can become dead due to a lack of engagement, new members, or effective moderation, as well as a shift in community interests. To prevent this, it is necessary to maintain active engagement through interesting topics and discussions, welcome new members, enforce consistent moderation, and adapt to changes in community dynamics. Regular evaluations of the community’s health are essential to identify and address any issues promptly.
- Resistance to change: Some members of the DAO may be resistant to change and feel that the current Discord categories and channels are working well enough. They may argue that redesigning them could cause confusion and disrupt existing workflows, potentially leading to a decline in user engagement.
While change can be challenging, it is also necessary for growth and innovation. The current Discord categories and channels may be working well enough, but there is always room for improvement. By redesigning them, we can create a more intuitive and user-friendly platform that will ultimately benefit users.
- User backlash: Any redesign of Discord categories and channels could potentially lead to user backlash if they do not like the new layout or find it confusing. This could lead to a decline in user engagement and could harm Discord’s reputation.
While there is always a risk of user backlash with any major redesign, this can be mitigated through careful planning and user testing. By involving users in the design process and soliciting feedback, we can ensure that the new layout is well-received and meets the needs of the community.
- Technical challenges: Redesigning Discord categories and channels could be a technically challenging task, and some members of the DAO may feel that the technical risks outweigh the potential benefits. They may argue that any major redesign could cause technical issues or even lead to downtime, causing frustration for users and potential harm to Discord’s reputation.
While there may be technical challenges involved in a Discord overhaul, these can be overcome through careful planning and collaboration with experienced discord admins. By taking a methodical approach and testing changes before implementation, we can minimize the risk of technical issues and ensure a smooth transition to the new design.
A new Discord layout.
Copyright and related rights waived via CC0 .