OPEN: Technical Support and Development of Governance upgrade by Microflow

Hello Pokt community,

This is my first interaction in the forum, so let me briefly introduce myself. My name is Mehrdad Sadeghi, and I’m the co-founder of Microflow, a development studio focused on Web3 integrations. Our organization has had the chance to work with PNF previously on https://metrics.pokt.network/, and we have contributed to other projects such as https://togethercrew.com, https://patterns.community, and https://meetwithwallet.xyz, to mention but a few.

Over the past month, we have had several discussions around the new governance model details, and eventually, we met last week at Devconnect in Istanbul and dove into the deep end of the matter.

We have been asked by Ben to help support the implementation of the new governance model. Areas we are likely to help and support might be:
Assisting with automation around issuing credentials
Setting up internal databases to help PNF manage credential data
Exploring new credential types to help represent impact and reputation of our current community

Type of Socket - This is an ongoing initiative at an initial rate of $3K paid and reviewed each month as long as supported. This rate may scale up or down to reflect the effort and impact required.

We will work openly and self-report monthly. Our work can be viewed here Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.

Wallet address - 0x2e57674Ea14FA08A6DDa865dd139cE3924ab5951

On a final note, we believe the new governance model will revolutionize the way DAOs interact with their communities, and we are determined to support the foundation in seeing it through.

4 Likes

Hi! If you mean to apply the fund per “Socket”. Please change the category from “Proposal” to Sockets

3 Likes

Thank you for the feedback. Updated the category to “Sockets”.

3 Likes

Great to have the Microflow team continuing the relationship with us. There are a lot of open questions around technical implementation of the governance upgrade and excited to have you helping us out.

This socket is now open

4 Likes

Hi, I’d note that at present, I believe the total compensation for a socket is $2k/month, paid in POKT.

We would need an upgrade of the Socket program from PNF to allow for $3k/mo or higher payments.

2 Likes

Cryptocorn is correct - 2k is the current max for permissionless scopes.

@creepto Can we change the scope of work to 2k for this month? I’ll discuss with @b3n how we can allow for more flexibility in the sockets program and look to publish a ratification.

1 Like

Apologies @ ALL for the confusion. The $2k limit doesn’t exist in practice as we (the DAO) have both a DA Nodewallet socket and Iann with an indexer socket receiving $3k.

The intention had been that the community can recommend sockets up to $2K without being permissioned, and that PNF would support sockets up to $3K where it makes sense. Admittedly this was not communicated effectively and the supporting info in the Socket’s category still reflects the $1-2K limit.

@creepto and the Microflow team should continue at $3K and @doctorrobinson and I will better align on communicating the change outlined above. Our intention was never to set different standards but rather to protect the Era allocation in a similar vein to what @Cryptocorn was thinking with REGS

4 Likes

Hey @creepto - appreciate the regular updates in the Notion doc. I’ve opened a discord thread for this socket here: Discord

2 Likes

Thanks for the continued updates and good work @creepto !

This socket remains open for January, and Ben will get you set up on the payment stream next week if you aren’t already.

Additionally - I’m asking all open Sockets to join us next Thursday for the Builders All-hands. I’d like to encourage people getting paid via the DAO to know what’s going on with the protocol, and have a forum to ask questions and cross pollinate. Matteo will run the first half w/ developers & protocol, and then I’d take the second half to review sockets work. The goal here being more cross-pollination and collaboration, so looking forward to you showing up and sharing on Thursday!

2 Likes

Hello all, I’d like to provide a detailed update on our progress so far. You can view the weekly feedback here, and this post serves as an aggregation of all the weekly feedback. TLDR; We’re nearing completion of the 3D gov development, with only the integration of an API from mygateway.xyz remaining to finalize our work. During this development phase, we started with requirement gathering, the initial purpose of the technical support socket. Throughout this phase, we defined the data flow and user journey for the three personas: citizen, staker, and builder. Among the multitude of documents generated, I believe the following were the most valuable:

After the discovery phase, we proceeded to develop the following components:

• An automated solution for retrieving nodes’ information, calculating their voting power, and issuing them a PDA.
  • Another automated solution for creating a tamper-proof snapshot of the state of all PDAs, which will be used for casting votes and can later serve for fact-checking by the community.
  • The snapshot strategy that ties everything together.

As of this report, the first two components are fully developed and tested, and the third is 80% done. The only remaining blocker is the essential API that will provide the relationship between Ethereum wallets casting a vote and their PDAs. Additionally, in the meantime that we’re waiting on this API, we’re planning to test the flow IRL with the help of the community members.

3 Likes

Thanks @creepto - I’ve been following your notion updates and appreciate all the work you’ve done for us (and for aggregating a post here monthly).

The socket remains OPEN for February.

2 Likes