Ideas Generated from the Seedling Quest

This topic will serve as an archive of all ideas posted to Discord in fulfillment of the Seedling quest.

2 Likes

@JaureguiA:

how do we get more eyes on / people playing the POKT Arcade? Social signaling. It’s about doubling-down around the culture of working in public / building out loud. After someone completes a quest and an admin triggers the bot to add the skill/role to the player, then we should follow up with a pre-filled tweet/message for them to tweet out (obvi keep it optional) and have other people FOMO in. This could be organized around other milestones too like leveling up and evolving into new roles and of course joining the Pocket DAO. To make this a frictionless as possible, it might be a good idea to create a spreadsheet of default pre-filled tweets like “I completed the x quest and earned the y skill in the z path #POKTarcade” or “What?! @jackal is evolving! Congratulations! Your Node evolved into a NodĂ©gĂ©! #POKTarcade”. Even better if the bot can automatically reply with a pre-filled tweet link.

1 Like

@Patrick727:

So idk if this counts as a unique idea for the Pocket Arcade (because I was involved in its ideation), but I’d like to see prizes implemented, specifically custom profile images that are thematic to the game, that players can toggle between whenever they are feeling more node runnery, or more devy, or more community
y, lol

2 Likes

@Dermot:

I believe there should be a future POKT arcade role focused on builders that are not specifically app developers or node runners (or general community members), e.g. Pocket core contributors, developers of Pocket ecosystem apps, etc. Maybe it’s my inner Celt speeking, but building on POKT arcade, I see space to develop Pocket’s artistic contributions with a whole track focused on ‘Pocket culture’; NFT art, memes, physical SWAG, songs, poetry, writing

2 Likes

@shane :

I would be a big fan of having a video explanations and walk-throughs for each phase before they have access to each phase. All the channels can be a big confusing when getting started, strategic intros before new channels are revealed may be a nice UX touch

2 Likes

Revitalized_Growth: Upload a summary of a Pocket Network monthly newsletter to the Reddit r/Pocket Network: Reddit Community. Monitor comments and feedback regarding this upload. Provide Pocket Network with a summary of comments and feedback.

1 Like

I would say one of the things that could be added is a quick quiz as a trophy topic? could be something simple that allows new people who want to be more involved to get to understand more about pocket network, how it works, the dao process and etc. this way you can educate a new member that wants to participate in the dao and also confirm that they do know. The quiz should be “evergreen” topics so that it does not need to be updated often, but important knowledge that each dao participant must know regarding pocket network.

1 Like

Poktdachi suggested:

I’d like to suggest that for a future iteration of the trophy system that we allow other higher pathed community members (i.e. seedling can verify farmer) to verify trophy requirements have been met. 2 approvals from a higher tiered community member would be sufficient. This can be done via a !verify-trophy <user_id> discord bot command.

1 Like

Also suggested by Poktdachi:

1. Move the qualified benchmark from the start of CyberPunk to the end of Savant for clarity on when vote qualification actually is achieved.
  2. Move the qualified benchmark from the start of NodeRunner to the end of NodeMad for clarity on when vote qualification actually is achieved.
  3. Move the qualified benchmark from the start of Regen to the end of Shepherd for clarity on when vote qualification actually is achieved.
  4. Remove the Governor path as it is currently a impossible path and can cause confusion.
  5. Remove BrightID based trophies ahead of time since it is being sunsetted.
1 Like

From virtual knight:
I think trophies should be less social media based and more about showing interest and knowledge in POKT. Some people aren’t into social media. This would also help with automating the trophies if we have more objective tasks.

1 Like

PoktBlade:

A trophy called producer for nodes that have produced a block

1 Like

Bruce Ishkoday:

One idea for the trophy system would be to include some specific educational links and content regarding pockets unique place within the broader blockchain space. In some ways the trophy system could act as tool to provide context for aspiring dao voters to make more informed choices when voting should they attain ranks. While it does this now to some degree I think identifying specific knowledge and verifying it’s is understood could be critical to those interested in participating in community building and curative endeavors.

1 Like

infrabro:

Adjust trophies to be programmatically verified instead of human verified. This will reduce friction time and allow the system to scale.

1 Like

infrabro:

We should have explicit instructions on how to submit proof in order to avoid cluttering a single channel. This can cause evidence to quickly get lost such as the usage of threads as I have used here. This should be adopted and added to the discord channel as a pinned message or in the documentation.

1 Like

bones:

“Microgreen” save the team bandwidth by answering a query or lending a helping hand in the Pocket Network discord (e.g.: “How much $POKT is required to to run a node?”)

1 Like

From SnappyCappy:

Ask Farmers or higher levels to familiarise themselves with the faq discord page, that they can then use to help answer basic user questions in discord/telegram. They screenshot the assistance they provide and submit for a trophy. This would increase the knowldege base of all users and get questions answered in discord/telegam faster.

1 Like

From Paul Doggett:

Purchase and display a Pocket Rockets NFT. I know Pocket Rockets aren’t necessarily a part of POKT, but they do help promote POKT, and they demonstrate enthusiasm for the project.

1 Like

From cryptocorn:

Water_Fountain: Applicant should create a twitter thread of 12+ tweets on a topic related to Pocket Network, or a Medium article of 500+ words. Either endeavour should attract 10+ likes, 3 or more from Pocket core members or verified shepherds.

1 Like

from afivesixseven8:

I’d like to see trophies associated to organizations. Similar to a community rating system which can govern trustworthiness of businesses built on top of Pocket

1 Like

From Jerry:

For the community shepherd path: we might wanna add one requirement in which you have to follow dao voters and main Pocket Network Team members and share their posts to boost engagement.

1 Like