How to get involved in Gnosis’ governance process with Pocket’s proposal of seeking retroactive funding for Gnosis Chain public RPCs

Hi Pocket Community :wave:

I’ve submitted a proposal seeking retroactive funding for our POKT-powered Public RPC endpoints for Gnosis Chain pruned (0027) and Gnosis Chain archival (000C), so I am asking for your support!

Here are a couple of ways you can help:

1 ) Vote “Let’s Do This!” in the Forum Poll

Step 1: Create an Account in the Gnosis Forum

Step 2: Vote “Let’s do this!” in the Community Forum

Optional (but Encouraged) Step 3: Express why you favor this proposal in the reply section

2 ) Purchase a minimum 1 GNO ahead of Phase-3 (i.e. Submitting Proposal to Snapshot)

Their DAO governance is token-weighted so you can directly affect the result of the proposal passing by voting with your GNO.

To vote in a GnosisDAO Snapshot poll, you must hold a minimum of 1 GNO at the proposal’s specified block number¹. Your Snapshot vote will be weighted proportionally according to the amount of GNO held in your participating wallet address at that block time.

If you don’t have any tokens, you’ll find $GNO is available on many DEXs and CEXs, see CoinGecko:

I personally used the built-in MetaMask Swap feature for convenience. It’s handy to have it in your self-custodial wallet before the snapshot proposal goes live, especially ahead of the designated block time.

I’ve bought more than enough GNO in advance to be able to submit this proposal to their snapshot once the results of the forum proposal are in. I’ll announce the results in the reply section as soon as the 5-day voting period ends. Then, the next steps from there!

3 ) Share the proposal on social and chat channels

Here’s an example of what I’ve tweeted:

https://twitter.com/DisruptBanksy/status/1616222980190752768?s=20&t=WiuR7q-LPjDt4yQ1Pg3Wlw

I’m excited to work with y’all :handshake:

Let’s change the world one blockchain at a time!

Best,

Alberto Jauregui

POKTdao voter

7 Likes
  1. Done
  2. Got my $GNO ready to go
  3. Done

:handshake:

4 Likes

Done :saluting_face:
Lets push this hard!

5 Likes

You know I got you @JaureguiA :saluting_face:

4 Likes

Update:

1. The forum poll has passed with 87% in favor :raised_hands:
  2. The proposal has been assigned a GIP number. GIP-75!
  3. I’ll be moving the proposal to phase-3 today by editing the forum post. Then, reach out to a Gnosis DAO forum moderator for a “Gnosis Impact ConditionID” before submitting the proposal to snapshot for a community vote (let’s aim for early-to-middle of next week) :ballot_box:

If you’re curious about the GnosisDAO governance process →

5 Likes

Update:

1. The Gnosis Impact ConditionID is not required anymore.
  2. So, I’ll be moving forward with publishing GIP-75 on the GnosisDAO snapshot on WED (02/15).
  3. If you haven’t already, purchase a minimum of 1 GNO before the proposal is submitted to be able to vote yourself. And make sure to store it in a self-custodial wallet supported by snapshot, like Metamask for example.

5 Likes

GNO acquired. LFG!

Random filler text to meet the minimum character count.

5 Likes

Update:

1. Chatted with stakeholders this past week.
  2. I’ll be following up with them early to middle of the coming week.
3 Likes

Update:

GIP-75 posted on the GnosisDAO snapshot

https://snapshot.org/#/gnosis.eth/proposal/0xe051f12c56d14985f6851e179feae8c8c40f7c7702df3f58affbb2a67641eebf

2 Likes

Voted! And then realized that wow, it takes a lot to get quorum there, and with a governance token, I expect that’s whales controlling it. Nice to see the initial bump though.

3 Likes

Looking great so far!

1 Like

As y’all may already know, GIP-75 didn’t meet the 75k GNO quorum so it didn’t pass. However, it was positive to see that those who did vote mostly favored the proposal!

After speaking with stakeholders on both sides of the aisle, we’ve decided to publish a new proposal without the retroactive funding aspect. Instead focusing on a service agreement for 18 months of access to decentralized alternatives of Gnosis Chain pruned and Gnosis Chain archival RPC endpoints.

It’d be great if you could comment on the proposal while it is still in discussion phase (EoD 03/17). Here is the link to the new proposal:

I’ll alert you all in this thread when it’s time to move to phase-2 of the governance process. Thanks :handshake:

9 Likes

Thanks for continuing to push on this @JaureguiA!

3 Likes

we’re getting there :saluting_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for leaving comments. Taking in the replies from this current proposal and the previous proposal, I think we can move forward with the community poll starting tomorrow.

It will last for 5 days, so it will be live from Monday to Friday. I’ll ping y’all here when I move the proposal to phase-2 :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Phase-2 of the Gnosis Improvement Proposal has been published :arrow_down:

https://forum.gnosis.io/t/gip-draft-should-gnosisdao-fund-decentralized-alternatives-of-gnosis-chain-pruned-and-archival-rpc-endpoints-from-pocket-network-for-18-months/6688

Vote in the community poll :arrow_up:

2 Likes

Phase-3 is a go :vertical_traffic_light:

If you have GNO in your wallet, you can vote here:

https://snapshot.org/#/gnosis.eth/proposal/0x9ddbd422d2bf3aee2ff225a62e7576843b26118ffa9de2f1cf08dc7da0ee0203

4 Likes

Voted! Also tweeted the link to get more support.

3 Likes