I’d like to do a short recap each week about marketing. So, here goes!
Partly transparency, partly accountability, and also a really useful reflection / conversation.
I’m now 2 weeks in and generally feeling hugely energised, if a little daunted at times. There is so much that we could do. Should do. And I would love to do it all yesterday.
So focus is really important. For me, that means focusing on increasing demand. Which means increasing Top of Mind Awareness and Consideration among end-user devs. And also leaning into this awesome community. I’m more confident than ever that it is a key part of our ‘edge’.
This week I continued to have 1:1 calls with community members, partners, and our target audience.
I designed a survey that will provide insight for Pocket but that will also produce output that we can feed into a bigger State of Decentralised Infrastructure piece alongside Target Personas that we can open source to serve Decentralised Infra as a whole. This is the first move in a strategy to take back ownership of the Decentralised Infra narrative.
Next week I’ll be testing that survey on the ground at EthCC and trying to source as much insight as possible. I’ll also be using my time to form connections with peers in other decentralised projects, that we can leverage for collabs and opportunities. I’ll be on a full scale dev charm offensive, armed with pastries and smiles! If any of you will be there please shout!
I’ve also crafted a big twitter thread that we will share and then pin to the top of our twitter feed. It’s taking a bit of time because it has to hit hard. It will tell the story of where we’ve been and where we’re going. I hoped to share the draft with you today but there are a couple of things I need to fact check first. I’ll share it ASAP.
This will be the first in many moves to reshape our own narrative.
We had a nice piece of coverage in Token Terminal. We’ll quote RT asap. Keep an eye out and give it some love please!
- Our ‘narrative’ tweet will be posted asap and I’m going to do a quick and dirty refresh on our Twitter visuals and bio. We’ll do a proper job once the brand strategy is revisited.
- I’ll mostly be busy making friends for Pocket, testing the survey, and generally immersing with our target audience. So next week’s updates will largely be about that.
- I’m also going to create a POP so that we can get a good technical writer to review and improve our documentation - it’s come out as being absolutely key in each of my target audience calls.
- I’ll hold an office hours to share my thoughts, invite your perspectives, and start to ideate around brand strategy. Please add availabilities to this lettuce meet.
- I’m going to set up a Jokerace to get your help coming up some ideas… more to be announced.
- We’ll design a simple upgrade to our website focused on simplifying the experience for devs that land on our site. This is another key factor for devs and we can do better.
- I’ll also be working with @PoktNews to see how we do more on social, will kick off some ideas about grass roots events, and will be moving forward with other collabs & content…
- And it will all feed into a high level roadmap that I’ll start sharing asap.
So, that’s broadly where I am, where I’ve been, and where I’m going.
Please, let me know what you think!