PEP-40: RPClist Apply for POKT DAO grant and recommendations

Attributes

• Author(s):
    Deep Narrative Lab (DNLab)
    DNLab currently operates the largest POKT pool in China and is also actively promoting POKT and building a Chinese community.

• Recipient(s):
    Deep Narrative Lab (DNLab)

• Category:
    Funding & Official Promotion

• Team member:

• Ian: co-founder, Full Stack Developer Worked for one of China’s largest Internet company.
    • Leo: co-founder, Worked as CMO in a Chinese blockchain company
  • Asking Amount:
    15000 POKT

• POKT Address:
    4d8169f52d08a8066bbd6707edb1b119cef43536

Summary

In the past, Infura’s service was often unstable, and a large number of users relied on its free RPC service. POKT provides a free public RPC service for mainstream blockchains, but since users seldom learn about this service and find the relevant documentation accurately, and it is difficult for some novice users to configure it according to the documentation, we built the POKT version of Chainlist(rpclist.info)to help users switch to POKT with one click. We hope that this tool will become an official recommendation for the community.

Abstract

Rpclist.info is a simple web service where we list all the public RPCs supported by POKT for users to use.

Use of funds:

1. Three years of domain name usage fees
  2. Three years of AWS costs
  3. futures will be added soon:
    3.1 multi-language support
    3.2 list all chains that POKT support

Additional needs:

We hope the official publicity channel can recommend everyone to use it as a recommended tool on Twitter and Telegram channel etc…

7 Likes

wish this service can be used by more users

3 Likes

DNLab has been serving the Chinese community for several months, and they did a great job in OTC and Fractional pool! I appreciate their diligent work. IMO, this RPClist website is helpful for promotion Pocket’s product and the cost is reasonable.

4 Likes

This is a small request for a useful service, and I completely support it. Can we move this to a vote?

Agreed, in favor to putting this one to vote.

1 Like

This would be super useful in onboarding new network traffic, and a very reasonable ask IMHO. Given the decline in price since the proposal was created, I wonder if the amount needs to be adjusted to cover the hosting and dns costs?

1 Like

That’s pretty reasonable in my opinion.

@NPC-Leo does the request need to be adjusted higher given the current market?

Thank you for your support, at the beginning of the proposal we estimated the cost of the whole service to be between $300-$500, the price has dropped so far, but before that we got some donations from community members that have basically covered the cost, we are happy to see the community start using our tool and also hope to get recommendations so that more users can use the pokt network through it.

2 Likes

At the moment we got some extra donations to cover the cost, so we don’t plan to increase the fee. I appreciate your help and your tweet recommendation helped many users to know about it, which is very useful.

2 Likes

Great job @NPC-Leo .

This has been a valuable tool for Pocket’s Growth and I fully support the ask.

3 Likes

The author of this proposal has increased the asking amount to 15k POKT and asked me to put it to a vote.

https://gov.pokt.network/#/proposal/0xd5c35d6ca64b177c08745703198b79d5818370a387b916dbe507e4f63664270f

2 Likes

This proposal got my full support. I like and appreciate the useful service it provides.

2 Likes

Yep, easy approve for me.

This proposal was approved with 17 approvals and 0 rejections

https://gov.pokt.network/#/proposal/0xd5c35d6ca64b177c08745703198b79d5818370a387b916dbe507e4f63664270f

1 Like