PEP-67: Pursue Recovery of Investment against Staking Operator Nodes4All (P.R.I.S.O.N)

Their dashboard shows all their nodes: Stats Dashboard - Nodes for all

I’ve checked about a dozen of them and they all were staked last with c0d3r (cc @bulutcambazi). All the nodes I looked at were unstaked last year.

Here is all the node addresses: Nodes4All Addresses - Google Sheets

4 Likes
  • I’d like to give N4A a chance to formally respond and give us information before we go to a vote.

• it’s incredibly short-sighted to think this is only something that affects N4A stakers and we/the DAO/PNF shouldn’t help or use funds.

We should aggressively go after people who steal. Stealing hurts our entire ecosystem. It hurts Pocket’s marketing and it hurts your bags when thieves market dump.

An ‘aw shucks’ approach to malicious behaviour only encourages more. We should stamp it out immediately.

3 Likes

I had some token staked with them,I got them back but that was before they announced they are shutting down.
If the foundation has to foot this bill then does that mean in future anyone willing to offer staking services has to go non-custodial solution or the foundation will be in another situation where they might fund such efforts.
This would be noble though.

1 Like

Provided that the google sheet shane provided is correct, this is what it looks like

1 Like

I’m of the impression a leading representative for N4A will clarify the situation quite soon. I base this on conversations I’ve had with involved parties.

1 Like

We’re incredibly shocked and saddened to see this proposal, but most of all I’m confused about why this was created in the first place. We have returned the vast majority of tokens to pool members (cryptocorn included), but did experience a theft by our long-time admin as the pool was shutting down, so a few members still need to get tokens back. As we pursue legal actions to take to recover the stolen funds, these defamatory claims will be part of those considerations.

Right now we are in the process of returning funds to the remainder of affected parties, and have asked anyone who still does not have tokens returned to PM us. We are very sorry that this has happened but are committed to doing the right thing by anyone still affected.

3 Likes

For the record, there is nothing wrong or “defamatory” for folks to signal that customer funds were not being returned, and there was not proper communication from the team as to why that was. Thank-you for now confirming that theft was involved.

This is a very unfortunate situation you are in, and I feel for those trying to make this right. I wish all the best in addressing this injustice :+1:

6 Likes

Thanks for providing the N4A version. Since you are confirming that there was a theft and you say that there are only a few members that did not receive their funds back,
Could you give us the address of the stolen wallets so we know if we are dealing with stolen coins?
Also, can you provide clarity on how many individuals are affected and the total amount of POKT in debt? (rough approximations can suffice if you want)

I’m still trying to get a feel of the total damage this caused to the community (and economy if stolen funds were dumped).

3 Likes

Thank you to @Nodes4All for offering a reply.

1. As the community has expressed, we’d be interested to know:
    a) how much $POKT was taken?
    b) how many users were affected?
    c) how many users still have not had their investment returned?
    d) can you provide the wallet addresses of the alleged thief so that funds can be tracked?
    e) what has and is being done to recover funds?

2. While we appreciate Nodes4All offering their explanation for the delay in funds being returned, it would only be fair to offer ‘PJ’, the alleged thief, a chance to respond. Notifying him or offering his contact details so that we can offer him a chance to respond to the allegations against him would be helpful in potentially shedding further light on this matter.

3. Nodes4All have been saying for many weeks that they will refund the remaining customers. Unless a reason can be offered, there is nothing stopping refunds being processed promptly. I hope that all refunds can be processed by the 2nd January 2024. If funds are not returned by this date, this proposal will be sent to be voted on and the DAO to take next steps.

3 Likes

Dear @Nodes4All,

I’m shocked to see above reply. I’m still waiting for a refund of my POKT tokens. We’ve been in contact on Telegram, but not getting any reply for days now. You mentioned you’be happy to guide me through things, but theres not much guiding required if I’m correct. I really hope we can settle this asap. Would love to close things out and start fresh in 2024. Still waiting for your reply. Kr, Vladje

3 Likes

It has been 14 days since this proposal was posted and unfortunately @Nodes4All are yet to return their investors POKT.

As such, I’d like to call @JackALaing to put the above proposal to a vote and move forward.

I volunteer to attempt to mediate with Nodes4All the return of their investors POKT. However, if they would prefer to work with a member of PNF or acceptable 3rd party, I can furnish the mediator with my information collected to date.

I continue to hope that while I personally received my POKT from Nodes4All, that all the other investors receive their investment promptly and in full.

5 Likes

Not to make things weird, but the @Nodes4All user was created the day of that comment. We may not be getting info from an official Node4All source… it would definitely make more sense for folks to get info directly from a verified team member.

Not saying it is or isn’t a Node4All team member, just pointing it out.

Disregard: A 3rd party vouched for the account. Just ignore me.

1 Like

I havent received my POKT despite filling the withdrawal form twice as instructed last Nov. Also I’m not sure where the POKT would actually go as the form asked for an EVM address.

6 Likes

Hey everyone, just created the account to support OP.

I got only partial of my POKT back even though i filled out there form in time.
Paying for a Node Service and not receiving the full pokt amount back is just not right.

4 Likes

Appreciate the sentiment and support everyone has here, and i feel for anyone who has lost funds; crypto can be a harsh place sometimes.

Please give me until Tuesday next week to speak with the Foundation and see if we can get directly in contact with the NFA team to collect some information. Unless anyone else has information on it, this could be as small as a few people and we could be spinning our wheels thinking this is a much larger group or amount than it is.

I will follow up after the PNF Monday call and drop an update.

3 Likes

We’ve had a conversation with Nodes4All, who have said that everyone should have had their tokens returned; they are actively asking if there’s anyone who is missing funds to fill out the form again.

We are under the impression that this is a very small number of people left who have slipped through the cracks, and good faith attempts to get POKT back to these individuals are being made.

If you are still missing funds from the unstaking, please join the #Nodes4All thread under community-chat and fill out the form.

4 Likes

Filled in the form already 3 times. October 2nd, November 6th and again this January 10th. No response, and I cannot enter the discord with your link and their own discord that is on the website is blocked/muted (at least it is not open for me) so i am stuck without any refund from Nodesforall… They keep on stalling the refunds and delaying responses also in PM. Very dissapointing, but it definitely is not solved yet

(I had a lot of troubles posting this message as well, since I never used this forum and you need a review of your first message if you just signed up. My account got blocked because I wanted to edit my response and it took 2 weeks and still no review or response to release my account, so I am trying with another new/fresh account)

1 Like

Sorry it’s been painful to post, I’m not seeing your first message but seems like this one is working.

If that link to our discord doesn’t work, please sign up at discord.gg/pokt and then come back and click that link.

What’s the handle you used for getting your funds back? I can check in the channel with the N4A team to see if it’s in process.

2 Likes

Hi,

Yes thanks a lot, that worked! First joining the general discord allowed me to see the chat you were referring to, and posted a message there as well.

I know that there are several people still waiting on refunds. From the 4 persons I know (myself included) only 1 received a response and a refund. So lets hope that they will put some more effort in this. Thanks a lot Dr. Robinson for the help!

1 Like

Happy to help.

General Update for everyone here:
Henry has been very responsive, but isn’t checking our discord 24/7 so please DM me if you haven’t heard from him in a few days and I’ll get his attention.

To breakdown the process for the rest of us: In an effort to return funds, N4A has returned many individuals stables instead of POKT. From what I understand, this means some individuals have had their refund in USDC (or similar) issued near POKTs all time low (at the time of their unstaking).

What seems to be the anger here is that some people who unstaked were issued USDC and did not convert back to POKT; and so have missed the big upswing over the last few months. I understand that is frustrating, and empathize with those of you in this position.

If any of the things I’ve stated aren’t the case for you, you can always reach out to me with more details and we can take it from there.

Edited to remove my soapbox, as it was unnecessary. Sorry y’all.

5 Likes